Turning off the "tap" sound?

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 16 10:35:36 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch 16 Juli 2008 10:07:01 schrieb Dirk Bergstrom:
> Back in June there was a thread about turning off the tap/click feedback
>
> when you touch the screen.  Towards the end Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
>  > *) I still like my tap sound.
>  > *) Almost all people do not want the tap sound.
>  > *) You will be able to turn off the tap ;)
>
> However, I haven't been able to find any instructions on how to
> accomplish this.  Is there a way?

Nothing has happened wrt. Om2007.2 (all are waiting for SHR ;), but I have
removed pulseaudio (with it the tap sound) from FSO. At the end of the day,
it took too many resources -- even more than dmix, which I'm using now.

> The tap noise drives me crazy.  If I
> can't turn it off, can I at least put a different sound in there,
> something much quieter?

Hmm, I swear i have answered this a couple of days ago... too many mailing
lists where not all people are subscribed to.

Anyways, back to the problem. Edit /etc/pulseaudio/session and either remove
the sample or switch to another one.

:M: