Reason for GPS problems found!

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 10:56:17 CEST 2008

2008/7/16 Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net>:
>> Did you consider the public image that's being created by a
>> statement like "Ah
>> well, this seems not to work. So the brick is useless for me. Damn
>> the day I bought it"
> If you can't understand why people would be frustrated to learn that
> something as simple as testing GPS with the SD Card in the phone
> hasn't been done, then you shouldn't be selling hardware.

It's not that the frustration wouldn't be understood, it's that
creating negative atmosphere in public is not productive in any way,
just the opposite. It does zero good for fixing the bug or for the
community. So, why complain then?

It's not about silencing the (most) frustrated people, I'm frustrated
too but I know it does not encourage positive co-operation on fixing
problems to complain aloud about everything. So please consider why
some people have crafted posts trying to ensure Openmoko people that
"most people appreciate the work being done" etc., even though they
themselves would have been hit badly by the problem too.

I don't think it helps either to make sure one's rights are listened
to - I think one reason people might complain is that they simply want
to create noise so that Openmoko knows it's important. Please, show a
little more respect and trust for them - they will do anything they
can anyway (why wouldn't they?). And even if there's time for
complaining and demanding, possibly in private, the time is not now
since the issue and all possible solutions are not known.

So, if it's not productive (or positive), please try to restrain
yourself from posting (there have been enough complains already).

-Timo