Reason for GPS problems found!

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 16 14:43:21 CEST 2008

Am Mi  16. Juli 2008 schrieb Jay Vaughan:
> >> Its really pretty important that the communication on this issue
> >> *not*
> >> diverge into hate and vitriol towards customers, because to those who
> >> are observing the OpenMoko project - not participating - the SD+GPS
> >> testing issue is a *huge* screw up.
> > No, the SD+GPS issue is a bug.
>
> Context:SD+Glamo == No go.
> SD+GPS == No go.
>
> How many GTA02's have been shipped before this problem was
> discovered?  How much time wasted trying to get GPS functioning so
> that development can continue?
Sorry? What's your point here?

> > Admittedly a somewhat nasty bug, but
> > nothing extraordinary.
>
> If I can't use SD+GPS, its a no-brainer: Freerunner is no longer
> qualified for my project.  Having spent a year on OpenMoko, thats
> nasty.  I was willing to give the SD+Glamo issue a slide, but ..

We understand this pretty good. but please, pretty please could you write
posts like yours above with a somewhat more explicit lettering, like
>> **IF** I can't...<<
Chances are all your rant is moot. There is a solution at horizon.
your post sounds like OM has betrayed on you. In fact we are very busy to fix
things, and we think we *will* get them fixed.
This is developer release. Stay tuned for instruction to fix.

/jOERG