Updates

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Wed Jul 16 15:45:45 CEST 2008

> opkg update was ok but then upgrade ran until my ssh connection was
> dropped.

dunno why dropbear drops the connection on upgrade, ususally existing
connections shouldn't be affected. maybe one of dropbear's .preinst or
.postinst scripts causes the restart.
try
nohup opkg upgrade &
the upgrade should continue even if teh connection is lost

> Tried again from FR terminal, and it ran until something like X was
> restarted.

restarting X from fr terminal _always_ crashes the my fr completely!
i do all this stuff over ssh (cant' remember having lost the connection
while dopbear upgrades), so the X restart does not affect my connection.
even restarting X works over ssh:
/etc/init.d/xsmthing-nodm stop
/etc/init.d/xsmthing-nodm start
notice, though, that