Reason for GPS problems found!

nick loeve trickie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 16:11:05 CEST 2008

Hi

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Alexey Feldgendler
<alexey at feldgendler.ru> wrote:

>>> it is a SNR issue for sure, and to boost SNR you either
>>> boost signal (which is what voltage raise does) or you reduce noise
>>> (which what removal of SD card seems to be doing).
>
>> Andy submitted another patch within the last day or so that toyed with
>> the voltage levels of the SD circuitry, but his notes indicate that it's
>> more to do with data stability than noise/interference with the GPS unit.
>
> I'd love to test with that patch. Is it in a daily build?

FWIW i just flashed
http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily/freerunner/200807/20080715/uImage-om-gta02-latest.bin
today and i got a fix outside with my sd card inserted. Previously i
never saw a satellite unless i took it out.

Did that build have the patches i see at
http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=andy ?

Cheers

> --
> Alexey Feldgendler <alexey at feldgendler.ru>