Import Contacts

C R McClenaghan chris at mcclenaghan.com
Wed Jul 16 19:35:13 CEST 2008

All,

I get the following error using manage-contacts.py in the following
way from SSH:

  python manage-contacts.py load <vCards.vcf

[removed listing of first vcard entry]

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "manage-contacts.py", line 92, in <module>
     load_contacts ()
   File "manage-contacts.py", line 61, in load_contacts
     ab.addContact (contacts [k])
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140,
in __call__
     **keywords)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line
607, in call_blocking
     message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "addContact" with
signature "s" on interface
"org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.addressbook.Book" doesn't exist

I have installed via opkg python-dbus per wiki instructions.

Thoughts?

Chris