GSM AT command to disable/change caller ID?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Thu Jul 17 08:50:48 CEST 2008

My old, cheap 7-11 AT&T pay-as-you-go Nokia phone had a neat feature which would disable the Caller ID.

Are there any AT commands I can issue on the FR to do the same feature? I'm guessing it was a feature of the GSM modem, or maybe it was an instruction to the carrier network, issued via the modem.

I need this because the number I use for my FR is *not* my real number-- my main number is a VOIP number and I have it forwarded to the cellphone.

It'd be REALLY GREAT if there was a way to change the caller ID number to be my actual main phone number, not the phone disposable number of my pay-as-you-go cellphone plan.

-ken