Ears and FR

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Thu Jul 17 12:59:15 CEST 2008

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> Am Mi  16. Juli 2008 schrieb Joseph Reeves:
>> I do it all the time ;-)
>>
>> I'd like a keypad lock during calls. I know that there's some options
>> available during a call, but I'd much rather have to unlock them
>> first. Of course, it doesn't have to be a lock that's particularly
>> difficult to un-lock - pressing the aux button before the screen does
>> anything would  be great.
>
> Use the g-meters / gestures!
> FR on ear -> locked.
> FR in front of face -> unlocked.
>
> Also simply placing buttons on bottom of screen instead on top might help a
> lot.

I would propose a slider. Just drag the slider from the 'active call'
icon to the 'hang up' icon.
We could also include some intermediate stages like 'hold call'.

I think this would be really intuitive and nice looking. And a widget
like this could be reused for any similar purpose.
Like mediaplayer control. (play,pause,stop)