Operation without battery (GTA02)

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at tehinterweb.com
Fri Jul 18 00:27:22 CEST 2008

I've actually been able to run the phone without a battery.  I booted it,
plugged in the wall charger, and removed the battery.
It sat working for an indefinite period of time, while registered to the GSM
network and with GPS and wifi on (I was testing to see if removing the
battery could aid GPS).

Using USB from a computer failed to provide enough charge.  In fact, I
noticed last night that while running 2007.2 with GSM and wifi on, the phone
was not able to actually charge from USB.  It was in a "charging" state,
drawing power from the USB port.  But it was insufficient to counter the
actual power usage of the phone, and its battery level would very slowly
drop (about 1% every half hour).

Jeffrey