Ears and FR

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at tehinterweb.com
Fri Jul 18 00:45:54 CEST 2008

I think you're way over thinking this matter to seriously consider the
accelerometers as an option.  Sure, it sounds great... but add in
practicality.
So when the phone is vertical, it locks the screen and dims it?  What if I'm
in a call, and bend over to pick up something off the floor?  Or if my
movements are such that I don't keep it quite vertical?
And something that "learns" my habits? Would that not just be a very
difficult thing to implement, and an extremely annoying thing to "teach" it?

Simple solutions are the best and most reliable.  A "slider" is the best
choice, as it is reliable, intuitive and relatively simple.

Jeffrey