Reason for GPS problems found!

Yair Mahalalel yair at mahalalel.com
Fri Jul 18 00:51:19 CEST 2008

Hi Andy, and thank you for your quick and focused efforts.

Do you know if the Antaris enters one of the sleep/backup modes
on system power loss? If it does, perhaps it mode switch is triggered by
external firmware. In backup mode it only consumes 8uA, and can
probably remain alive for a long time on with regular large capacitors,
such as the ones in the middle of the board.

If it was fitted with external flash, it might not need even that, of
course, but that may perhaps be messed with directly, perhaps by
changing expiration dates of cached data or such.

Cheers,
Yair.