no sd card and slow start times

Josh Thompson om-comm at joshandbianca.net
Fri Jul 18 22:11:49 CEST 2008

I cannot seem to get my sd card mounted.  Before using it in my freerunner, I
put it in the adapter and copied some stuff to it using my laptop.  I've done
an upgrade on the system today.  I never tried it before upgrading.  It never
gets mounted anywhere under /media or /mnt.  I don't see anything about it
in /proc/partitions.  Is there a certain kernel module that needs to be
inserted?

Also, starting sometime today (probably around upgrading it), I've been
getting stuck on the start screen where it has the openmoko log and
says "Please wait..." for a long time whenever it boots (long being > 5
minutes).  The applet icons are there and the power and aux buttons bring up
their respective menus.  I can shell in to it over usb.  Running top shows
pretty minimal usage (10-15%) with neod and pulseaudio being the top
processes.  Any ideas?

Thanks so much to the Openmoko team for such a great device!

Josh