Reason for GPS problems found!

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Jul 19 00:26:14 CEST 2008

Am Fr  18. Juli 2008 schrieb Roland Mas:
> Timo Jyrinki, 2008-07-18 13:42:02 +0300 :
>
> > Does anyone else have a reliability problem now with the new kernel
> > and GPS when SD card is used?
>
> I have.  Didn't manage to properly isolate the problem, but my gut
> feeling is that Andy's patch to disable SD when acquiring the first
> fix does only that for, well, the first fix.  *Apparently*, there are
> circumstances where running agpsgui once, getting a fix, exiting and
> restarting afterwards, doesn't result in the FR getting a new fix.  As
> you said, rebooting solves the problem, but suspend/resume cycles
> don't seem to reliably fix it.
>
> Roland.
> --
> Roland Mas

Sorry! There's *no* disabling of SDcard for FF! Who's talking about
suspend/resume cycles, did I miss sth?

Please read the appropriate posts describing the way this patch works.
Otherwise, please don't conclude on false assumptions, but just report what
you observed. Thanks for regarding this, helps a lot!

cheers
jOERG