Ekiga for Openmoko, petition,

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 19 15:25:27 CEST 2008

On Friday 18 July 2008, andres wrote:
> As I feel anxious about running an extension of my asterisk in the
> Freerunner, I wrote an email to the Ekiga people asking them to provide
> a Openmoko compiled binary for it.

Linphone is in OE and looks like it'll work once I work out which audio device
to connect it to, and what mixer settings to use. It starts fine and
registers, but when I make a call it gets continuous ALSA messages:

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:805:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only
playback stream

Call terminates fine too, so it looks promising. Currently it looks like only
the CLI version is built. The GUI is compact and GTK-based, so that may work
without (much) modification. Ideally the bitbake config needs updating for a
more recent version. Currently it is v1.6.0 which needs libosip2 2.2.2 and
doesn't include the hooks for external UIs to use. 1.7 would include the
hooks while 2.x is needed for libosip2 3.x to work.

Having said that twinkle sounds good too. Always good to have a choice.