Reason for GPS problems found!

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Sat Jul 19 20:26:00 CEST 2008

Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> Does anyone else have a reliability problem now with the new kernel
> and GPS when SD card is used?

Yes, I just did some testing. The phone had been on for about 12 hours maybe
and had gone through multiple suspend-wakeup cycles. TTFF was around 10
minutes. Then I switched off the phone and switched it back on, after that
TTFF was about 40 seconds.

Now that I came back indoors, the phone still has a fix and with older kernels
it could not keep the fix if I went indoors. So it seems the software fix
isn't perfect yet (it can't "recover" from suspend or something), but if you
always "start fresh", it does work well.

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio