Issues / Quirks with SMS via GUI (Messages app)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sat Jul 19 20:42:42 CEST 2008

Hi Matthew,

Am Freitag, den 18.07.2008, 20:55 -0400 schrieb Matthew Lane:
> Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Am Freitag, den 18.07.2008, 13:40 -0400 schrieb Matthew Lane:
> >> Also, the majority of my text messages are inserted into the "Unknown
> >> Sender" contact, because some carriers append a "1" at the beginning of
> >> their numbers.  Is there any simple solution for the Messages program to
> >> identify this?
> >
> > I’m working on that, prelimary patches are
> > https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1606, although not complete. As
> > soon as I find time, I’ll try to complete this, and also fix this issue
> > for the dialer and other parts.
>
> Awesome thanks.

Just FYI, I finished these patches, and submitted them at
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/devel/2008-July/000131.html
so assuming[1] they will be applied, this problem will be fixed in a near build.

Greetings,
Joachim

[1] I haven’t yet seen any statement in what form submission are
expected, but that’s my best try.
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
  mail: mail at joachim-breitner.de | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Key: 4743206C