Leading '1' in contact's phone numbers

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sat Jul 19 23:01:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 19.07.2008, 14:17 -0600 schrieb shawn sullivan:
> I've noticed that when I get a SMS message back, or a phone number shows
> up, it's displayed as 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX, and it's unrecognized by my
> address book.
>
> i'm working to import my contacts from Thunderbird, should I add the
> nation code to the front of the numbers so that caller ID will work, or
> is there something else I can do?

FYI, I just fixed this in some patches, and submitted them at
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/devel/2008-July/000131.html
so assuming[1] they will be applied, this problem will be fixed in a
near build, I hope. If you want, I can send you builds of the relevant
packages, so you can test it.

Greetings,
Joachim

--