Rogers SIM (Canada) causing crash on Dialer

Christopher White chris at grierwhite.com
Sat Jul 19 23:17:07 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 17:05 -0400, Sparrow wrote:
> I have an issue with a rogers (Canada) SIM card crashing the
> dialer application when a call is started.  After hitting "dial" on the
> dialer app the screen moves cuts over to the out going call screen and
> then the dial crashes.

I have seen exactly the same issue with an AT&T SIM that fails to
register with the network (stays at "Registering..." and libgsm-tool
shows registration denied).  Swapped to a T-Mobile SIM and finally I can
dial out.

I too would be interested in knowing where to start debugging this.
Having a hard time finding a good point to grab on to.  I see no log
messages in logread and difficult to find anything on the wiki regarding
debugging.  Any good wiki pages about this?

...cj