Better keyboard?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Sun Jul 20 05:00:34 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 12:46:00PM -0400, Matthew Lane wrote:
> Jeremiah Flerchinger wrote:
> > Do you want to redesign the matchbox keyboard or use a different one?
> > Feel free to modify any of the keypads on the projects page.  I can
> > actually help with gtKeypad and have a patch in the works that will
> > allow changing of key size with a config file.

> >> I would like to know how to redesign the keyboard to give it bigger
> >> buttons so that I can use my finger instead of the stylus?  The current
> >> matchbox keyboard's keys are way too small.
> >>
> I honestly don't care if I redesign it or just get a new one.  I like
> the matchbox keyboard because it has all of the keys that I'll need for
> terminal use, but the drawback is they all have to fit!
>
> I saw a screenshot of a bigger keyboard with circular buttons used on
> the Neo1973, which keyboard is that?

I've just been informed that the keyboard in the ASU image does in fact have all the keys needed to use a terminal, and also they're able to be used without a stylus. The .kbd files are editable text files and can be completely customized. After playing around with it a bit, I'll probably abandon matchbox entirely.

-ken