Freerunner (850) available

openmoko at bohme.org openmoko at bohme.org
Sun Jul 20 14:15:36 CEST 2008

I happily ponied up the $400 each for the 1973 as well as the
Freerunner, despite the fact that the 1973 is disappointing enough in
that power issues make it useless as a day-to-day device.  The fact that
there are at least one confirmed (GPS vs SD) hardware bug, with
suspected more (sound echo/buzzing possibly being a problem with the
case) gives me very good cause to worry that I've purchased another
dust-collector.

I've been attempting for the latter half of the week to contact
Openmoko.com to arrange for a return of the reportedly defective
Freerunner that arrived Monday.  So far I've had no response, but will
keep trying.  In the meantime, if someone else out there would like to
acquire the sold-out device, please let me know off-list.  (As an added
bonus, I can throw in an AT&T prepaid sim with quite a bit of time left
on it.)