Rogers SIM (Canada) causing crash on Dialer

Kalle Happonen kalle.happonen at iki.fi
Sun Jul 20 22:09:07 CEST 2008

Sparrow wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
>         I have an issue with a rogers (Canada) SIM card crashing the
> dialer application when a call is started.  After hitting "dial" on the
> dialer app the screen moves cuts over to the out going call screen and
> then the dial crashes.  I have tried another SIM from a friend's 1st gen
> iPhone and it works without issue.  This SIM does work in several other
> phones without issue.  Where should I start to debug this issue?
>         Thanks for your time and help.

My Swiss Orange card shows the same symptoms, but only intermittently.
Much of the time, I can call and receive calls. Sometimes after a the
phone has been on for a while the dialer crashes when I try to call, or
dialer looks like it's dialing, but nothing happens. When this happens I
can't receive calls or sms's either. A reboot solves the problem. Any
idea where to start debugging? I run the latest scaredycat (as of last
thursday). I have also had dialing/receiving problems when I tested ASU.

Cheers,
Kalle Happonen