Proper mixer settings for music playback, or hardware fixes?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 22:11:49 CEST 2008

2008/7/20 Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at openmoko.org>:
> nah, this is +-3dB point - not exactly cutoff.
> so if you select 130Hz @ 48kHz and try to boost bass frequencies you get poor
> results, as there is only a boost of frequency below 130Hz.
> It's not reversed, it's just not cutoff frequency if you chose positive value
> for bass level.

Hah, right, I mixed up filtering as such with the cutoff frequency of
bass boosting. And probably this is related to the mentioned high-pass
filter effect of the talked resistor which is why the boosting is
required in the first place to counter that. Too many mixer settings,
and definitely not an audiophile's dream :)

-Timo