Terminal for ASU

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Mon Jul 21 05:30:09 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 08:20:46PM -0700, Brian C wrote:
> Ken Restivo wrote:
> > Crap.
> >
> > I was considering opening a bug report (enhancement, probably) on this-- the ASU needs a terminal.
> >
> > But I don't want to get smacked down with a "ASU will never have a terminal, it's not a supported use case" closure for it.
> >
> > *Will* the ASU have a terminal app that works with the Qtopia environment? Or is that something I shouldn't expect to work?
> >
> > -ken
>
> 1. It's an open platform, so it's inevitable that it will have a terminal.
>
> 2. If it were not possible to have a terminal on ASU, then OpenMoko
> should just abandon ASU immediately.
>
> Therefore, you should feel free to open the bug.

I'll wait to see if anyone responds with "Sure, it has one, or you can use any terminal with it, here's how you get it to work, get it into the menu/icon/illume thing, make it use the keyboard, blah blah blah".

If I can avoid annoying the devs with unnecessary bug reports, I will.

Hey, I noticed that someone just added a Full-QWERTY configuration to the ASU keyboard, and a little icon for choosing which keyboard layout to use on the fly. Bravo!! Very glad to see that.

-ken