Reason for GPS problems found!

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Mon Jul 21 10:01:13 CEST 2008

Andy Green, 2008-07-20 18:50:02 +0100 :

> Thanks for this report, I went and looked and found I didn't take
> care of the case where last packet transferred was not a bulk read
> packet: that what happens on resume.  I added a patch to stable
> branch that should be out tomorrow hopefully and give the same
> SD_CLK performance with or without resumes.

Based on a handful of tests, and without tweaking the new parameter, I
can confirm that the GPS problem seems fixed for me, even after
suspending, even indoors.  Let me get this straight: Andy, you rock.
Others @openmoko: you rock too.  So there.

  Now this gets me wondering whether the Freerunner could sustain an
Openstreetmap editor for realtime map-making :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Homme qui plus rien à dire, citer proverbe chinois.
  -- Proverbe chinois.