USB connector not Mini-AB?

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Mon Jul 21 11:33:34 CEST 2008

ma, 2008-07-21 kello 10:24 +0100, Andy Green kirjoitti:
> We don't monitor ID pin yet to automate this, but we will.

Funky.

> You need to provide some magic sysfs poking by hand at the moment to
> push it between host and device modes.
> ~  echo host > /sys/devices/platform/s3c2410-ohci/usb_mode
> ~  echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/neo1973-pm-host.0/hostmode

There was some discussion at some point if the Freerunner can be in host
mode without providing power _while_ charging from outside 5V (for some
special applications like robotics, obviously with special non-standard
cabling arrangements), but I don't know if that ended up with an answer.
Will only changing the usb_mode accomplish this?

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>