Reason for GPS problems found! / more patches

Chris lists at proquariat.de
Mon Jul 21 19:12:10 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Just a heads-up there is also another relevant patch on stable tonight.
> ~ It gives another interesting knob to twiddle about GPS performance.
>
> http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=1d04b142ffeaa15129f046751f1366b0f0614f47
I did some tests with the new settings. My observations are based on the
signal strength output in AGPS-UI.

sd_idleclk=1 and sd_drive=2:
The strength of the gps-signal rapidly goes down, then I loose the fix
on my window.

sd_idleclk=1 and sd_drive=0:
I can't see a weakening of the gps-signal. Signal strength seems as good
as with sd_idleclk=0.
I copied some (big) files to and from the card, none were corrupted, all
md5-sums were identical. I'm using a sandisk 4GB SDHC card.

Thanks for the great work.

-Chris