Mokomakefile on Debian on PowerPC64/G5

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 07:16:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

I guess I'm the first one to try this...

Because there is no (native) support for building OpenMoko software on
an iMac (G5, rev c with iSight), I decided to see if installing Debian
would work.

Following the instructions on [1] I was able to install Debian 'just
fine'. In short, you don't get X and gdm...

Then, I followed the usual instructions about Mokomakefile and its
prerequisites.

Building the OE environment gave me an error - powerpc64 architecture
not supported (or something close to that). If this doesn't ring any
bells, I'll check and get the exact wording later.

Is that something that can be fixed by me, or is it simply impossible
to do this on a powerPC64 architecture? I don't need Qemu, I'll have
my Freerunner soon, but probably no working ways to build software for
it...

Regards,

Christ van Willegen

[1] <http://www.justlinux.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-150809.html>
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0