replaced ringtone but it plays it really funny way

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Tue Jul 22 07:46:54 CEST 2008

the mystery of effect 'multiple instances' is somewhat revealed.. pulse
audio indeed creates multiple "input"s for some reason... I dunno why.
I converted that file to stereo using sox (thought it would resolve the
issue). converting to 44800 sampling rate was bogus since then pulse
reported that file is too large... so with regular 22050 sampling pulse
says:

I: resampler.c: Using resampler 'trivial'
I: resampler.c: Using s16le as working format.
I: sink-input.c: Created input 1 "sample:ringtone" on output with sample spec s16le 2ch 22050Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
I: resampler.c: Using resampler 'trivial'
I: resampler.c: Using s16le as working format.
I: sink-input.c: Created input 2 "sample:ringtone" on output with sample spec s16le 2ch 22050Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
I: resampler.c: Using resampler 'trivial'
I: resampler.c: Using s16le as working format.
I: sink-input.c: Created input 3 "sample:ringtone" on output with sample spec s16le 2ch 22050Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
I: sink-input.c: Freeing output 1 "sample:ringtone"
I: sink-input.c: Freeing output 2 "sample:ringtone"
I: sink-input.c: Freeing output 3 "sample:ringtone"

does any one have a clue "why"?

--
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark