wifi

Dietmar Friede friede at free.fr
Tue Jul 22 14:49:10 CEST 2008

On Sunday 20 July 2008, Charles Hill wrote:
> After two days of fighting with WPA2-PSK and getting nowhere, I figured
> something out.
>
> My WAP doesn't broadcast the SSID.  Normally, this isn't a problem as I
> specify the SSID in the wpa_supplicant.conf file.  But when I turned ON
> broadcast of SSID, I connected immediately and it even properly updated my
> resolv.conf file.

I used the following wpa_supplicant.conf and had no problems to connect
to a hidden SSID:

root at om-gta02:~# cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
# WPA-PSK/TKIP

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ap_scan=2

network={
        ssid="HIDDEN"
        scan_ssid=0
        proto=WPA
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        pairwise=TKIP
        group=TKIP
        psk="what ever"
}

root at om-gta02:~#
wpa_supplicant -ieth0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -B ; ifup
eth0
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
udhcpc (v1.11.1) started
run-parts: /etc/udhcpc.d/00avahi-autoipd exited with code 1
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending select for 192.168.1.9...
Lease of 192.168.1.9 obtained, lease time 268435455
run-parts: /etc/udhcpc.d/00avahi-autoipd exited with code 1
adding dns 192.168.1.21

Dietmar Friede
PS.: The FR is really great. Good work!!!!!!!!!!!