Terminal for ASU

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Wed Jul 23 03:39:54 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 09:01:24AM +0200, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?C=E9dric_Berger_ wrote:
> Indeed I fail to see the advantage of having no manual triggering of keyboard.
> On my desktop PC, I have never dreamt of my keyboard popping out of a
> drawer when it thinks I should need it...
>
> And this morning, after my daily opkg upgrade... I rebooted ASU and I
> am stuck, not even able to enter my SIM PIN !!
> Because... there was no keyboard on the screen !

I experienced this today too. It rendered my FR useless. Everything I'd finally gotten working yesterday (VTE, Minimo, tasks app) stopped working today, and I'm stuck with, essentially, a brick.

The keyboard doesn't even pop up automatically anymore, and there's no way to add it.

Can someone document what hacks are available to bring the Illume keyboard back, and to manually trigger it with that little "qwerty" button that used to be there, in case the designers decide they don't want users to be able to type things in anymore?

Thanks.

-ken