Terminal for ASU

Jacob Peterson jacobp at iastate.edu
Wed Jul 23 05:56:41 CEST 2008

Ken, I too feel your pain.  I had just stated to get things setup, then I
decided to update and to my surprise, all applications requiring a keyboard
are now useless.  I ended up reverting back to the July 21st snapshot for
now, but I will try editing the illume theme and rebuilding once I can
locate the required tools to edit the themes.

Having a manual keyboard button is an important feature.  The automatic
keyboard is not going to read my mind and know if I want it visible or not.
There may be times that I want the extra screen space to look at something
without half the screen taken up as the automatic keyboard suggests or maybe
the automatic keyboard isn't 100% bug free with 100% of applications
properly implementing support for it.  In a perfect world, a system without
a manual button might be feasible.  However this is far from a perfect world
and with an open system like this it is unrealistic to expect 100% of all
applications that can/will be used, to work perfectly with the automatic
keyboard.  Hopefully the order to remove the button will be reversed, as it
is sorely missed.

-Jacob