FR - ASU image - keyboard with wrong characters

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 23 15:34:13 CEST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:47:08 +0200 "Torfinn Ingolfsen" <tingox at gmail.com>
babbled:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Johny Tenfinger <seba.dos1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> BTW, I really, really miss a backspace key on this keyboard.
> >
> > "Click" some key and drag to left - it should work as backspace key.
>
> On the keyboard? any key?
> I just can't seem to get that to work. I click down on a key on the
> keyboard (say "5") and drag left. When I release that key, the number
> 5 is added to the input field.
> I also tried to drag in other directions - didn't help.
> What am I doing wrong?

drag "Far enough". ie just slide your finger from right to across the
keyboard for backspace, slide left to right for space/next word. slide from
bottom to top for "switch layout" and slide from top to bottom for "enter". as
such the code requires a slide of 1/4 of the width (or height) of the keyboard
to be registered as a slide. make sure you keep your finger held down otherwise
the drag gets interrupted with a "release" then a press again...