GTA02 GPS rework for SD card interference issue

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 23:08:53 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 23 July 2008, Yorick Moko wrote:
> i tried to walk with tangogps and sometimes i jumed 1-2 km in a random
> direction and kept drifting
> there were no roads in openstreetmaps for my location, could this influence
> it?

I saw something similar yesterday with tangogps. The red track looked like it
had been jumping around a lot, but with my indicated location apparently
fixed a long way back in the route. I didn't have a tile cached for the area
I had walked into. When I zoomed out to a scale where I did have a tile
cached it redrew the track, this time following the route I had walked
without jumping.