Why is Qtopia much faster?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 23 23:18:39 CEST 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 06:42:19 +1000 Lorn Potter <lpotter at trolltech.com> babbled:

> Holger Freyther wrote:

> >> Yes you did. "pay for a license' implies both money and you needing a
> >> commercial license, which implies you intend on producing closed source
> >> applications.
> >
> > maybe he just wants commercial support? So that someone looks at the
> > patches he sends?
>
> Neuros uses the GPL license and has a support package.
>
> and we do look at patches you send.

again - i said nothing of a closed or commercial app and charging for it - is
said that i would HAVE to pay a license fee to get qt under a license OTHER
than GPL so *I* can release my software under a non-GPL infested license (eg
MIT-X11, BSD, etc. etc.). my point being that not all type of open are the same
- and people prefer different levels of freedom and openness. i prefer to give
my users more freedom of choice than you give yours. thuds my choice would
always be to not use qt as it would restrict my freedoms to only be the kind of
freedom you want, and in turn restrict my users too.