strange problem with Intenso 4GB SDHC card

Stefan Fröbe frobiac at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 24 00:36:46 CEST 2008

Thanks for the link, seems to be quite valuable to me as it explains the
background quite well!

Something similar has been happening with SD cards on the OLPC laptop
> (another example of hardware specifically designed for the FOSS world)
> for at least the last six months.  Last time I checked, there was still
> no real fix.

Well, from recent comments it looks like a 400ms delay (yuck!) in
drivers/mmc/core/sd.c is a temporary workaround, but the root cause (as Andy
already suggested) seems to be related to the resume cycle.

Has been a major pain for people who want to multiboot  --
>  forces them to use storage devices that don't fit inside the case.
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6532

At least it doesn't look like a HW issue with the card, then.

Stefan