Why is Qtopia much faster?

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 01:27:36 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 00:42, Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> wrote:

> People, this discussion has turned _very_ off topic now.
> Could you all please take further discussion on this subject in a
> place where it is more on topic?
>
> Thank you.

Well not so off topic since we are at a point where choices are made
about what direction development on openmoko will take... (even if
maybe there will be several directions in parallel)
(I mean not only for the OS and base applis, but also for applications
one would want to develop)

It is not so bad that it is clear for everyone what the strengths and
specifics of each choices are.

And even if it is not a new problematic, not everyone is fully aware
of it. And when comes the time to decide to investigate/develop on one
architecture, it is good to fully understand what they imply. Better
than only deciding on, say, the look of existing applications.