Suggestion: default /etc/resolv.conf

Nelson Castillo nelsoneci at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 17:27:23 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Brian C <brianwc at ocf.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Suggestion:
>
> The rootfs should contain a resolv.conf that lists some
> publicly-available dns servers so that people with new FreeRunners would
> have a chance of getting net access without editing that file first.

Hi Brian.

There's the DHCP issue that other emails talk about. Another problem
is that you have to trust your DNSs and somehow it would mean that
OpenMoko trusts (blindly) a few DNS servers. I feel that trusting a
DNS is a very sensitive issue and that's why I only trust my own.

Best regards,
N.-

--
http://arhuaco.org