Tangogps pre-cache?

Jeff Tickle jtickle at tux.appstate.edu
Thu Jul 24 19:45:08 CEST 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:35:13 -0700
"Steven Kurylo" <sk at infinitepigeons.org> wrote:

> The tango gps documentation says "Additionally you can conveniently
> pre-cache areas."  Can anyone tell me how to do this?
>
> I can scroll around and have those tiles cached for off line use, but
> a pre-cache would be great.  Downloading all the OSM tiles and all the
> zoom levels for a 20km radios would be excellent.

You can zoom out to encompass the area you want to download maps for.
Then, give the map a single tap.  From the context menu, select 'map
download'.  You can pick how many zoom levels in it should go.

Make sure to go to the Config tab and change the 'Cache Dir', because
it puts them in /tmp by default!

-Jeff

--
Jeff Tickle - 828-262-7123