Which distribution to use on FR?

Katrin Tomanek katrin.tomanek at gmx.de
Thu Jul 24 22:10:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am new to OM and just received my new FR a couple of hours ago.
I've been playing around with different distributions/images and am now
wondering which distribution you guys prefer, use, and/or recommend:
- OM2007.2
- ASU
- FSO
- Qtopia

Actually, I tried all of the above ones (most recent versions/snapshots)
except FSO. Only for OM2007.2, making phone calls worked out of the box. On
ASU and Qtopia I couldn't make phone calls (or receive).

Optically, I likes OM2007.2 best, however, it is awfully slow and constantly
has a load > 2. Why is this?

Thanks
Katrin