Is there some way to turn the predictive dictionary off?

Michael Sheldon mike at mikeasoft.com
Fri Jul 25 03:06:15 CEST 2008

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> one FIXME i have in the code is auto-detecting a "real keyboard" (usb
> or bluetooth). if you plug in or use a REAL keyboard you'd like the virtual one
> to just slide away and hide while this is the case (or course begin able to
> manually bring it up if wanted). right now i don't know a CLEAN way to
> auto-detect this. (and by CLEAN i mean a way that would work not just on the
> freerunner, but on a desktop as well, and any other device that is similar - so
> in future as we produce new and interesting devices - the exact same code just
> keeps working without specific changes per device)...
>
> unfortunately for me - this is a lower priority thing as well. i have no usb
> keyboard that plugs in and works with my FR, no a bluetooth one... if i get
> around to having these 2 - i'd definitely look into it. in the meantime...
> anyone who wants to find a nice clean way to detect this... it'd make this
> happen sooner... :)

  What about checking hal at startup (then subsequently monitoring hal
events) to see if a device with "input.keyboard" in its
"info.capabilities" list exists or is added/removed?

  I'm planning on getting a USB keyboard (a frogpad) to use with my
Freerunner, so might be willing to have a play around with getting this
sort of thing to work (time permitting).

  Cheers,
   Mike.