gpsd not in ASU repository?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Fri Jul 25 03:49:24 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 01:42:10AM +0000, Christopher White wrote:
> I recently pointed opkg towards:
>
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/openmoko-repository/ASU/armv4t
>
> I notice that gpsd in not there.   I installed it from
>
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/snapshots/2007.11/ipk/armv4t
>
> Is there any particular reason it's not in ASU?  I ran it along with
> TangoGPS without much trouble in ASU (despite a lot of D-bus not running
> errors).

It's not necessary in ASU.

The Diversity app works without any gpsd. I just got a fix this afternoon with ASU. Enabled the GPS antenna using Exposure, then clicked on Diversity, and waited a few minutes, and the little red dot suddenly moved from Taipei to San Francisco.

Now I need to install the diversity maps for this location and it looks like I'll be good to go.

-ken