Volume?

Donnie Jones donnie at darthik.com
Fri Jul 25 20:37:33 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Aaron Sowry <aaron at aeneby.com> wrote:

> Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> > 2008/7/24 Aaron Sowry <aaron at aeneby.com>:
> >
> >> I would also like a solution to the echo that people hear when calling
> >> the phone - anyone found a fix for this?
> >>

> > I've not seen any post about having the echo fixed. It seems the
> > discussion always stops at that point, or goes to another direction
> > like about the mic volumes etc., which would sound like no-one has
> > figured how to fix the echo issues.
> >
> > (not everyone has those, apparently depending on whether operator is
> > also doing some echo cancellation, but a very large amount of Neo
> > users do have the issues)
> >
> > -Timo

> Right - perhaps something to add to the list of hardware issues?
>
> Everyone I have spoken to using the GTA02 handset has mentioned large
> amounts of echo when calling to/from another cellphone, landlines don't
> seem to exhibit the same behaviour in my experience. Disappointing, as
> it limits the device's usefulness as a phone which is a reasonably core
> funtionality...
>
> Aaron

I have also experienced echoing, and even worse is the GSM interference
noise.  This has been improved by flashing with the ASU image and "opkg
upgrade" to the latest kernel, but overall it is frustrating that the core
functionality of making phone calls is not working solid...  I do hope that
it greatly improves soon!  :)
__
Donnie