Volume?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 25 21:52:49 CEST 2008

On Friday 25 July 2008, Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> 2008/7/24 Aaron Sowry <aaron at aeneby.com>:
> > I would also like a solution to the echo that people hear when calling
> > the phone - anyone found a fix for this?
>
> I've not seen any post about having the echo fixed. It seems the
> discussion always stops at that point, or goes to another direction
> like about the mic volumes etc., which would sound like no-one has
> figured how to fix the echo issues.

Not figured it out yet, but trying to do it using the noise gate and automatic
level control functions in the Wolfson audio chip. I'm missing some gain at
the moment...

I've also been annotating the block diagram of the chip with the numbers of
the ALSA controls they're tied to so it should be easier for people to work
out what does what. It's not finished yet, and I won't have time to post it
before next week.