Ringtone and vibration configuration

Jeff Tickle jtickle at tux.appstate.edu
Fri Jul 25 21:58:43 CEST 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:55:03 -0400
"Dylan Reilly" <dreilly at atariland.net> wrote:

> I am hoping to make some scripts, etc. for incoming call scenarios.
>
> 1) What mixer setting in alsamixer controls the ringtone volume?
> 2) What alsa profile is used when a call is first incoming?
> gsmhandset.state? 3) How can one control the state of the vibrations
> (on, off, and ideally etc.)?
>
> I know the answer to this must be somewhere but despite looking near
> and far I could not find it documented.

I was curious about this as well and did some digging around in /sys.
I was also curious about how to access the hardware LEDs from
software.  Turns out, the vibration is actually treated like a LED.

The following files are important:

Vibration:
/sys/devices/platform/neo1973-vibrator.0/leds/neo1973:vibrator/brightness

LEDs:
/sys/devices/platform/gta02-led.0/leds/gta02-aux:red/brightness
/sys/devices/platform/gta02-led.0/leds/gta02-power:blue/brightness
/sys/devices/platform/gta02-led.0/leds/gta02-power:orange/brightness

For the LEDs, you can echo 1 for on or 0 for off to any of these files
to control the state of the LEDs.

For the Vibration, my very limited testing indicates it will accept a
range of 0-255, with 0 being off and 255 being full force.  So, you can
actually set the strength of vibration.

Keep in mind that the vibration will positively eat your battery, so
use with caution!

-Jeff

--
Jeff Tickle - 828-262-7123