Ringtone and vibration configuration

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Jul 26 05:48:18 CEST 2008

Am Sa  26. Juli 2008 schrieb Dylan Reilly:
> I am hoping to make some scripts, etc. for incoming call scenarios.
>
> 1) What mixer setting in alsamixer controls the ringtone volume?
> 2) What alsa profile is used when a call is first incoming?
gsmhandset.state?
> 3) How can one control the state of the vibrations (on, off, and ideally
etc.)?

Please note I consider our concept of restoring a *complete* mixer setting by
alsactl somewhat limited (not to say brain damaged)
If I need a special scenario to push out a ringtone via speaker, this
shouldn't affect any record setup i did for mic for use with some completely
different concurrently running app (please find "better" examples if you're
about to say "mic will catch ringtone sound").
Also switching from headset.state to speaker.state is done without regarding
those are mutually exclusive setups, and speaker mustn't be used while
headset is plugged. :-(
Doing setup modification just for the mixer elements that are actually needed,
by some amixer script, looks like a more sane way to me

Just my 2 cents
/jOERG