power management/wakeups with qtopia vs 2007.2

Ole Kliemann ole-om-community-2008 at mail.plastictree.net
Sun Jul 27 00:03:10 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 04:54:16PM +0200, arne anka wrote:
> yesterday in installed qtopia to an sd card to check it out, tried the
> phone (worked) and went to bed.
> the 2007.2 uses to resume frequently w/o any apparent reason -- as far as
> i can tell the qtopia does not.
> yet, it responses to incoming calls and resumes.

I can confirm this. Still there are issues too. Sometimes after long
suspend the display is all white. Sometimes the picture comes back after
~20secs, sometimes not.

And if suspended for long, SMS don't wake it up.

But in fact Qtopia makes the FR very well usable even on a long day
without charger. A night on suspend drains maybe 20% of the battery.

Ole