Volume?

Bastian Muck bastian.muck at gmx.de
Sun Jul 27 00:17:13 CEST 2008

Aaron Sowry schrieb:
| Timo Jyrinki wrote:
|> 2008/7/24 Aaron Sowry <aaron at aeneby.com>:
|>
|>> I would also like a solution to the echo that people hear when calling
|>> the phone - anyone found a fix for this?
|>>
|> I've not seen any post about having the echo fixed. It seems the
|> discussion always stops at that point, or goes to another direction
|> like about the mic volumes etc., which would sound like no-one has
|> figured how to fix the echo issues.
|>
|> (not everyone has those, apparently depending on whether operator is
|> also doing some echo cancellation, but a very large amount of Neo
|> users do have the issues)
|>
|> -Timo

| Right - perhaps something to add to the list of hardware issues?
|
| Everyone I have spoken to using the GTA02 handset has mentioned large
| amounts of echo when calling to/from another cellphone, landlines don't
| seem to exhibit the same behaviour in my experience. Disappointing, as
| it limits the device's usefulness as a phone which is a reasonably core
| funtionality...
|
| Aaron

If you got the right values, then there is no problem. In the default
config /usr/share/openmoko/gsmhandset.state the capturing volume is to
low, so the other side can hardly hear you. If you raise this value too
much, than the neo produces a lot echo on the other side. But my
experience was, that with the right value there is no problem.

Look for:
control.5 {
~    comment.access 'read write'
~    comment.type INTEGER
~    comment.count 1
~    comment.range '0 - 127'
~    iface MIXER
~    name 'Mono Playback Volume'
~    value 103
}

and change the "value" from 103 to 109. In my oppinion this is a very
good value. Check it.

Greetings Bastian