Flashing ASU Image

Michael Münch micm at micm.eu
Sun Jul 27 14:42:02 CEST 2008

Quoting arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de>:

>> I think the more changes in basic packages as gtk+<-> gtk+-fastscaling
>> there are, the superior the packetmanagement has to be. Resolving the
>> dependencies, removing old files and so on. I am not sure if opkg can
>> do the job perfectly that you have the same result as a clean image
>
> rather a case for improving opkg, isn't it?

Although improving is always a good idea, this would be the case when
my thoughts, that taking an fairly old image and updating with opkg
could cause trouble, are correct. I don't know if they are.

So the question should be is this method (image + opkg upgrade) in our
special case, opkg as a packetmanagement tool and the rapid changes of
ASU, the best solution?

If I am wrong and this is the way to go, I am more than happy with it.