Opening the Cellwaves

Doug Jones dj6mf at frombob.to
Mon Jul 28 07:22:17 CEST 2008

Doc Searls:

"...If we follow the second path, we'll fail at a fundamental mission,
which is opening the infrastructure itself. To do that we need to create
open phones that are damned good at being Net-generation radios and
televisions, as well as recording and producing devices. We also need to
work at making clear how much more business the carriers and phone
makers will find in a world of generative devices, rather than
locked-down ones — a world where anything is possible, rather than one
where legacy monopolies get leveraged for the duration."

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/opening-cellwaves