USB connector not Mini-AB?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 15:07:51 CEST 2008

On Monday 28 July 2008, Andy Green wrote:
> | The Freerunner's USB port is that widely used on other devices as a
> | USB mini "B" connector.
>
> Seems you guys are right
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#Types_of_USB_connector
>
> ... hum well they all have 5 pins, I guess the only difference in
> practice is going to be availability of appropriate cables.
>
> It does not mention mini-AB there, it only mentions micro-AB, so now I
> know even less than I did when I started :-)

Looks like mini-ab and mini-a were deprecated over a year ago in favour of the
micro varieties. I've never seen a micro-usb connector!
http://www.usb.org/developers/Deprecation_Announcement_052507.pdf

It doesn't help that the spec now consists of the original document plus all
the subsequent errata and supplements.

http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/